Data Privacy Notice for Students
PLMun supports the Republic Act 10173 (Data Privacy Act of 2012) rights of individuals to data privacy and respects the confidentiality of individual data. Therefore, PLMun is dedicated to the preservation and ethical handling of such information. Only with the knowledge and consent of the student, or, if applicable, the student's guardian or parent, will PLMun collect, use, and disclose personal information.
II. Type of Information to be Collected
PLMun uses a variety of methods to acquire or collect personal data. The data gathered might include the following:
- written and digital records; and
PLMun needs the following information when a student signs up to take the Admission Exam or enrolls after being admitted to the university:
- Personal Information
- complete name;
- civil status;
- place of birth;
- date of birth;
- contact number;
- email address;
- name of parent/guardian;
- present address;
- zip code;
- first and second course of choice'
- learner's reference number (LRN)
- DSWD household number; and
- Household income
- Education Background
- name, address and contact person and number of the last school attended/graduated; and
- year graduated.
- Admission requirements (scanned)
- 2x2 picture;
- PSA birth certificate;
- Previous school or any valid ID; and
- Recent school card / copy of grades;
- Certificate of good moral;
- Form 138;
- Transcript of records (if applicable);
- Honorable dismissal (for transferees);
- Parent/Guardian’s voters ID;
- Barangay clearance; and
- Marriage certificate (for married students);
III. Purpose/Usage of Collected Information
PLMun may use students’ personal data to accomplish its goals as an educational institution to the fullest extent permitted by law. Various academic, administrative, research, historical, and statistical goals may be among them. The following are the purposes or uses of the information gathered from students:
- evaluation of qualifications for university admission;
- confirmation of incoming and transfer student admittance;
- collection, preservation, and tracking of students' work for grading system criteria as well as participation in curricular, co-curricular, and extra-curricular activities, via manual, electronic, or other means;
- exchanging of grades and student performance for academic purposes between and among academic staff and with anyone else who has a valid official request;
- processing of financial aid applications, including grants and scholarships;
- investigation of any allegations of misconduct in order to take corrective actions;
- data collection for alumni records and directories;
- generation of reports for data analysis and research needs;
- announcement of university communications that are official;
- promotion and marketing the university's related developments, happenings, and activities;
- involving students in research and surveys in both academic and non-academic dealings; and
- compliance with the university's other official obligations.
PLMun has the right to refuse to enroll a student or to allow the student to participate in a specific activity if the requested personal information from a student or parent is not provided.
IV. Transfer and sharing of Collected Information
In order to support student interests and/or pursue the University's legitimate rights as an educational institution, PLMun may also share, disclose, or transfer personal data to other people or organizations as required by law. The following parties may receive personal data about students from PLMun:
- notify concerned regarding admission to the University; award financial aid and scholarship grants; post class lists, class schedules, online or on school bulletin boards or other places within the campus;
- communicate information to parents, guardians, or next of kin, as prescribed by law, on a need-to-know basis, or as determined by the University, in order to best serve your interests and to ensure your health, safety, and security, or that of others;
- disseminate information to donors, funders, or benefactors to encourage contributions for scholarships, grants, and other forms of assistance;
- publish list of graduates and awardees in preparation for and during commencement exercises;
- inform the National Privacy Corporation (NPC) and other government bodies or agencies, such as the Commission on Higher Education (CHED), Department of Education (DepEd), Bureau of Immigration(BI), Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA), Civil Service Commission, Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR), Professional Regulation Commission (PRC), Legal Education Board (LEB), Supreme Court (SC), and others when prescribed or allowed by law;
- release information to individuals or organizations, such as the ALCUAA and other similar associations, to determine your eligibility to participate in academic, sports competitions, and other similar events;
- adhere to court orders, subpoenas, and/or other legal obligations;
- generate data through research or surveys for the development of the University;
- circulate academic, co-curricular, and extra-curricular achievements and success, including honors lists and names of awardees on school bulletin boards, website, social media sites, and publications;
- publish academic accomplishments or honors and co-curricular or extra-curricular achievements with schools you graduated from or were previously enrolled in upon their request;
- feature photos, videos, and other information in order to advertise the University, its activities and events, through promotional materials, such as brochures, Facebook page, website posts, newspaper advertisements, physical and electronic bulletin boards, and other media;
- stream live affairs and events of/in the University;
- publish information through news or feature articles in University publications and social media sites;
- disseminate information such as class lists and photos to partner hospitals, local health centers, and other similar organizations.
V. Retention of Collected Information
Until its purpose is achieved, PLMun will keep personal data. When a retention period is mandated by law, all records will be properly and securely disposed of after that time.
VI. Security of Collected Information
Personal information about students is securely kept and transmitted in a range of paper and electronic formats, including databases that are shared between PLMun's various departments or offices and in the university's dedicated server. Only University employees who have a legitimate interest in student data to fulfill their contractual obligations have permitted access. Rest assured that the university won't permit the student's personal information to be used excessively.
PLMun will document and report any data security incident or breach that comes to their attention in accordance with the law. PLMun will take all necessary and practical measures to address the incident or breach and lessen any unfavorable effects. PLMun will properly notify the concerned student and/or parent of the incident if there is a strong suspicion that it involves the student's personal information.
If a student, parent, or guardian has any questions about how PLMun manages personal information, or if they have a complaint about a violation of the Act, they should contact PLMun's duly designated Data Privacy Officer:
|Name||: Maria Cecilia Velasco|
|E-mail Address||: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Office Address||: University Road Poblacion Muntinlupa City|
PLMun reserves the right to modify this Policy at any time. On such occasions, information will be disseminated via the University's website and, where appropriate, other modes of communication. Any change becomes effective immediately after it is posted on the website.