DR. DAN JEFFERSON B. LOPEZ, LPT
Dean, Institute of Public Policy and Governance (IPPG)
An academic institute of public policy and governance exceptionally providing and modeling quality innovative and transnational higher education for both future leaders and practitioners across all sectors towards societal development.
1. To provide quality public policy and governance higher education, trainings, and development locally and globally.
2. To guide practitioners in their professional development and enhance their potentials by academic supplementation through flexible outcomes-based higher education and consortium programs.
3. To participate in local and global governance through academic contribution such as instruction, research, and extension in the field public policy and governance.
ACADEMIC PROGRAMS Bachelor of Arts in Political Science (BAPOL)
The Bachelor of Arts in Political Science (BAPOL) provides its students with a rigorous training in the concepts, frameworks and methods in the study of political phenomena. The program allows students to specialize in the major sub-fields of political science, namely, Philippine politics, political theory and methodology, public management, comparative politics and international relations. It also orients its students towards practice in the field of political science through a service learning program, an internship program and other programs that complement the strong liberal arts education that PLMun provides. The program allows students to specialize in local politics and governance in the context of globalization.
1. A well-trained professional in the field of political science competitive in both local and global setting.
2. A well-developed scholar providing analytical presentations in the discipline helpful to the educational aspect of society.
3. Able to provide necessary interventions to bring solutions to contemporary political problems of our society.
PROGRAM LEARNING OUTCOMES (PLO)
Graduates should be able to:
1. Compare, contrast and classify the major concepts in the discipline.
2. Recognize and define the distinctiveness of the discipline, its subfields, theories, and methods.
3. Design and execute research inquiries using appropriate quantitative and qualitative methods guided by theories or conceptual frameworks.
4. Demonstrate written, visual and oral presentation skills to produce or present analytical reports.
5. Critique, judge, and respond to current issues and problems based on a substantive understanding of the historical and contemporary developments in the national and global concepts.
6. Develop a predisposition towards critical political involvement and practice in various forms and levels.
*Bachelor of Public Administration (BPA)
Vision & Mission
A dynamic and highly competitive Higher Education Institution (HEI) committed to people empowerment towards building a humane society.
To provide quality, affordable and relevant education responsive to the changing needs of the local and global communities through effective and efficient integration of instruction, research and extension; to develop productive and God-loving individuals in society.
To contribute a dynamic and harmonious relationship to the global community.
To effectively provide the job market with ethical professionals.
To pursue research activities supportive of the stakeholders's needs and community development.
To guarantee an equitable access to learning adaptive to the demands of industry.