S.Y. 2022-2023 : 1ST SEMESTER
02-88933368 loc 213
Author: PLMun Communications Team Date: December 23, 2021
A few days before the holidays, the PLMun Community was given the privilege to attend an academic exchange of ideas through the 14th ALCUCOA National Conference last 23 December 2021 via onsite and video conferencing.
The Conference, with the theme, “Transition and Transformation in Higher Education: The LCUs Post Pandemic Scenario”, featured dynamic and highly esteemed Resource Speakers representing the different sectors of the society.
“Working together is the key to achieving our goals”. This was the statement of Dr. Raymundo P. Arcega, PLMun University President, ALCUCOA President, and Executive Director, and Chairman of the National Network of Quality Assurance Agencies (NNQAA), as he addressed the participants for the direction setting. He affirmed ALCUCOA’s commitment to its vision and mission amidst the pandemic situation. He emphasized that this event will present experiences and best practices in transition and transformation in civil service, education, medical & allied health sciences, tourism, hospitality, science and technology, partnerships among government, academe, and industries, and quality assurance.
The honorary speakers of the ALCUCOA Conference were composed of the following:
1. Message from CHED – Atty. Cinderella Filipinas Benitez-Jaro (CHED Executive Director)
2. Message from ALCU – Dr. Rene Colocar (ALCU, President)
3. Keynote Speech – Hon. Mark Go (Congressman, Lone District of Baguio, and Chairman of House Committee on Higher and Technical Education)
4. Plenary Session 1 (Transition and Transformation in Higher Education: Creating New Opportunities to Civil Service) – Hon. Corazon Alma De Leon (Former Secretary, DWSD; Chairman CSC)
5. Plenary Session 2 (Transition and Transformation in Higher Education: Its Impact to Educational Laws) – Atty. Joseph Noel M. Estrada (Executive Director, COCOPEA)
6. Plenary Session 3: (Transition and Transformation in Higher Education: Its influence to medical and allied health sciences education) – Dr. Carl E. Balita (President and CEO, Carl Balita Review Center)
7. Plenary Session 4: (Transition and Transformation in Organization) – Hon. Herminio B. Coloma Jr. (Former Secretary for Presidential Communications and Undersecretary, Department of Transportation and Communication)
8. Message from CHED Region IV-A – Dr. Amelia A. Biglete (CHED Director)
9. Message from Senator Sherwin T. Gatchalian (Chairman, Senate Committee on Higher and Technical Education)
10. Plenary Session 5: (Transition and Transformation in Higher Education: The Challenges and Prospects in Tourism and Hospitality) – Hon. Mina T. Gabor (Secretary, Department of Tourism)
11. Plenary Session 6: (Transition and Transformation in Higher Education through Government, Academe, and Industry Networking) – Ms. MonetteIturalde Hamlin (President, Government, Academe, Industry Network)
12. Plenary Session 7: (Transition and Transformation in Higher Education: Maximizing the Opportunities of Science and Technology) – Hon. Fortunato T. Dela Pena (Secretary, Department of Science and Technology)
Another highlight of the event was the Panel Session on Leading Organizational Change through Quality Assurance, led by three (3) Panel Speakers, namely, Dr. Melissa Grace Sison-Oreta (President, City Malabon University), Dr. Felma Carlos-Tria (President, Universidad de Manila), and Dr. Michelle Aguilar-Ong (President, Mabalacat City College). These women leaders shared their respective LCU’s experiences and best practices concerning quality assurance.
In closing, PLMun President Emeritus and ALCUCOA National Treasurer, Dr. Elena E. Presnedi, delivered the closing remarks for the event.
- PLMun Communications Team
(Photos captured by Mr. Ian Bilog)
Copyright © 2022 Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Muntinlupa. All rights reserved.
Powered by ICT Department (New Server)